Thursday, April 3, 2008

So many movies, so little time...

It is time once again to talk about upcoming movie releases that I am excited about seeing. Last time I mentioned Definitely, Maybe (so far the only movie I have seen this year to get five out of five stars), 27 Dresses (it was cute), Jumper (ok, felt incomplete, Rachel Bilson wasn't a good choice), My Blueberry Nights (didn't get the point, slightly boring, weak beginning and end), Cassandra's Dream (didn't watch, probably won't), He Was a Quiet Man (very good story, well done), VeggieTales (didn't watch, kinda still want to), The Other Boleyn Girl (really good, highly recommend it), Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (didn't watch, hopefully will soon), Horton Hears a Who (I loved it), Be Kind Rewind (meh, it was ok), and Made of Honor, Speed Racer, Kung Fu Panda, and Sex and the City all haven't come out yet, so they are still on the list, and I am still excited.

So on with the next set!

First on the list, Leatherheads looks really good from the trailer. I love Renee Zellweger. I also love John Krasinski, but I've never watched a movie with him, so we'll see if I like him as a non-Jim.

I kinda want to see Prom Night just to make fun of it. I mean, just look at the poster alone. I'm already laughing at that. I feel like it's going to be a real winner.

Chaos Theory looks like a really good movie to watch when you just want to watch a movie (know what I mean? Like when you don't want to be scared or troubled or stumped by something that is just supposed to be entertaining?).

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. 'Nuf said.

Deception is the one I am looking forward to most (out of the ones in this entry because um nothing compares to my excitement for Sex and the City). Ewan McGregor and Hugh Jackman? Hello! I'm there. Plus the story looks really good, and Michelle Williams looks good, too, and it's nice to see her do something different because she is one talented lady.

I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, so I am soooo looking forward to Baby Mama.

I have to see You Don't Mess with the Zohan because it's Adam Sandler.

The Love Guru looks so good! Mike Myers hasn't released a movie in so long (that wasn't Shrek). Hooray! Major bonus: Toronto Maple Leafs!

I'll stop there or else this will be way too long with all the summer movies. So yeah.

5 comments:

Britni said...

You've sure seen a lot of movies. The only one on your list I've seen is Boleyn Girl, which I actually really enjoyed especially from a historical view. The other movie I've seen lately is Vantage Point, which I actually really enjoyed as well. When does Definitely Maybe come out on video? I can't wait to see it!

Maxie said...

I want to see Leatherheads too... but I'm not sure it's going to be any good.

Dolce said...

I haven't heard of any of these movies. I need to get on it!

So@24 said...

Noooooooooo!

Don't love John Krasinski.

He's a total arrogant dick. Trust me. I've met the guy.

Um... Yum! said...

Really? :o( What did he do?