Friday, April 18, 2008

Death and the City

You know, first a sidenote, I thought my subject was extremely clever of me for about a nanosecond until I realized how unoriginal it was and how there are probably hundreds of other entries with the same title about the same thing. Boo.

So what is this thing? Heidi informed us in her blog that Cynthia Nixon let it slip that one of the characters will die in the upcoming Sex and the City movie.

So begins my countdown.

10. Carrie is not going to die. I am so sure of this.

9. Charlotte is also unlikely to die, though people could say she might die through child birth, but I find it more likely that the baby/fetus dies than Charlotte.

8. Samantha...hm...well, she did have cancer, so she is not a 100% safe case like Carrie on the not dying part. Though I doubt Kim would have agreed to do the movie if Samantha were to die.

7. Out of the four main girls for some reason I find it most likely that Miranda would be the one to go, but then again it was Cynthia who spilled the beans, so again, probably not. So basically, I really doubt any of the four will die.

6. Harry is my favourite significant other from the whole series. The writers put Charlotte through way too much during the series, so I don't think they would do that to her, so I'm glad to say Harry is probably safe. If he's not, OMG that would fucking suck balls...fucking suck hairy balls.

5. Steve seems to have cheated on Miranda from the trailer, but I don't think that warrants a death. Plus, everyone loves Steve...although he's a dick for cheating on her, but I'll eventually forgive him.

4. Ok! Now the first most likely candidate! Smith!!! Why? He's in the trailer for like two seconds! And then Samantha is never seen again with him...but...why kill him? It just doesn't seem to serve Samantha's character plotwise at all.

3. Magda?

2. Or how about some new character in the movie that was not in the series? That'll be disappointing. Plenty of random characters died in the series, so that wouldn't be anything new.

And now for my actual guess!!!

1. Before even hearing about this spoiler but rather from watching the trailer, I thought Big dies. It just seems too obvious that he chickens out on a wedding, so I thought, what would be less cliche and more, "WTF?! OMG!!" Plus, Carries reaction just seems way too dramatic even for SatC standards for it to be about Big getting cold feet.

Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm horrified to hear that somebody is going to die. Also, I will flip if you're correct so I'm thinking you are dead wrong. I'm going to put my money on Miranda - I don't think it means anything that she spilled the beans.

Britni said...

I think that you've got it pretty much covered here.

Technodoll said...

I vote for Big, too... the girls can't die! Noooo!

That would be too much of a downer, not good for Hollywood dollahs.

kolls said...

Steve's mom. You heard it here first!