Thursday, March 27, 2008

Some random memories about bathrooms and slippers.

Deutlich and I are trying to cure each other of our blogger's block, so we exchanged topics to write about. For me, she asked about my absolute best memory evah! Although she also said she was originally going to ask me about my angriest but wanted to keep it positive. I'm going to do both. It'll create a nice balance.

Ok, I'm sure it goes without saying that the memories I write about here probably are not the absolute best and worst because it's hard to pick out the best and I'm sure I have blocked out the worst. But let's proceed...

LOL!



This is just one of my better memories that I'm willing to share. I figured I would choose a funny one because it's still too early to get all sweet and awww with you people. It was Halloween. I was working at the bookstore. My coworkers and I joked around a lot, so it was a pretty casual environment. My assistant manager, who is still my friend, was a huge goofball and would make many inappropriate hilarious jokes. My manager was in the bathroom doing something like washing her hands or getting something (the lockers and cleaning supplies were in the bathroom). I walked in probably to wash my hands (because I do that a lot). My assistant manager is standing outside the bathroom putting away stock, and he sees us and walks in. He closes the door and says, "I want to show you guys something." I see that he's about to turn off the light, and I freak out and run out of the bathroom and start laughing. The other employees who were standing in the back room see this and ask what the hell happened. In my mind, I thought he was going to do some "Bloody Mary" type thing, which I hate, and that's why I screamed and ran out of the bathroom. My manager and coworkers kept laughing about it because they thought I had run out thinking he was going to do something perverted. It turned out he just wanted to show us his glow-in-the-dark t-shirt.


I am so angry.



Usually I don't get angry. When I get upset, it's usually just sadness or frustration. I'd say 10% of my negative emotion is anger. So one of my angriest moments was when I was about ten years old. I'm very particular, and I like things a certain way. Yes, I'm high maintenance. Also, I'm a Pisces, so footwear matters a lot to me. I love slippers. At the moment I have a pair of Cookie Monster slippers (I had a picture of them up in a previous entry), and a pair of fuzzy red slippers (which I am actually wearing as I type this). When it comes to sneakers and slippers and boots, after a few times of wearing them, they mold to your feet. When someone else puts them on and stretches them out, there is a notable difference, and they are no longer the same molded comfy shoe you love. They are tainted. This is how picky I am when it comes to footwear.

I had these duckie slippers. I loved them. They were kind of falling apart, but they fit my feet like a glove, and I had grown attached to them. Don't ask me why, but one day my brother decided to put barbecue sauce in them. Not as a prank. He was just sitting there watching television, my slippers were on the floor near him, and some packets of barbecue sauce were on the table next to him. What was the point? I have no idea, but he did it. I got so pissed. Also, I have really good nails, always have. They grow really fast and strong. They are my main weapon against my brother, so yes, because he barbecued my duckie slippers, I slashed him with my finger nails.

I had an extremely short temper as a child, but most people wouldn't know it because I was very quiet and shy and sweet. But I'm overly sensitive, so while I am easily amused, I'm also easily upset. It does seem silly now, but why the fuck did he have to barbecue my precious duckie slippers?

3 comments:

B said...

Oh, I would've knocked my brother into the next state for that mess! I completely and totally understand the sentiment.

That glow in the dark t-shirt thing was pretty friggin' funny, though.

It's probably because I'm picturing you squealing and running outta there like your pants were on fire...

hahaha

Alya said...

i tooooooottally understand! i would have skinned him with my nails + would have cried as well.

Um... Yum! said...

Deut, squealing is a better word to describe it. I didn't scream. I squealed. ...like the little miss piggy that I am. :o)

Alya, oh, there were tears alright, streaming down my face as I threw a fit and tried to shred my brother.