Thursday, March 6, 2008

Well, it kind of has a happy ending.

I just watched The Other Boelyn Girl, and before I say anything else about it, how hot is this man? As much as I was disappointed by Across the Universe, it was worth watching to watch him...and listen to him, too.

If you have read the book, you may be disappointed. I did not read the book and was not disappointed. I loved it. The performances were brilliant. It was very intense. A couple times I realized I hadn't moved my left hand because I was on edge, and it fell asleep, so I had to revive it and get the circulation going again. Because the actors did such a great job, there were many parts of the movie that were...um...disturbing (not horror movie disturbing or Atonement disturbing...just...disturbing in its own way).

Not a feel good movie. Watch it if you want to watch a good movie with pretty girls, pretty dresses, and sex as a weapon.

7 comments:

Alya said...

i was contemplating reading the book before watching the movie. I cant be bothered frankly, i have a pile of books, purchased and waiting to be read.

We'll see which happens first.

Maxie said...

I want to see this, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD. I'm so lazy about actually going to the movies these days.

Um... Yum! said...

Alya, I would recommend watching the movie first. You may be disappointed if you read the book first, and if you watch the movie, you'll want to read the book more. :o)

Maxie, it's definitely a "wait 'til it comes out on dvd" type movie. Some movies you MUST see in the theater (like Transformers :o) to get the full effect), but not this one. Though it was really good.

Dolce said...

I loved the book! You're the first person I know to see it. Glad it got a good review. I love Scarlett and Natalie.

Um... Yum! said...

Dolce, I'm a big Natalie fan and am not fond of Scarlett, and so through the movie I kept thinking, 'Man, why does Anne get crapped on so much!' hahaha

Dolce said...

Funny enough. In the book I felt bad for both of them because their dad used an abused his daughters for power.

Um... Yum! said...

He also used his son. But I think it was mostly the uncle who was power hungry. At least that's how it was in the movie.