Monday, March 17, 2008

I love rainbows!

Yesterday I went to see the Gay Men's Chorus of WDC's That 80's Show. It was fantastic! They did many medleys and complete songs. There was singing and dancing and some video stuff (like an 80's commercial montage). The show I went to was ASL interpreted, and it was great to finally see a musical performance interpreted since that is what I would like to do. There were two interpreters, and one of them was absolutely fabulous. She was very into it and got the feel of the music perfectly. My favourite part was the "Bette Davis Eyes" solo because that guy was really into his performance, and I loved loved loved how he sang "precocious".

So that crosses off one more!
26 by 26

  1. Pay off my amex card.
  2. Go to Europe.
  3. Donate hair to Locks of Love.
  4. Learn to knit.
  5. Open an account on etsy and sell shit.
  6. Complete an outline and first chapter for novel.
  7. Be able to cue a song.
  8. Watch 100 new movies. (10/100)
  9. Get tattoo for 25th birthday.
  10. Watch a signed performance.
  11. Make a new website layout.
  12. Take at least one day trip to NYC.
  13. Do at least five new things in DC. (1/5)
  14. Make a Halloween costume.
  15. Cook at least one dish from the vegan cookbook.
  16. Go to the dentist.
  17. Read ten new books. (0/10)
  18. Delete unnecessary e-mail accounts and website.
  19. Make a donation to Animal Welfare Institute.
  20. Go to at least three ASL meetups. (0/3)
  21. Open up a savings account or enroll in 401K.
  22. Edit together a music video.
  23. Get rid of pile of unneeded/unwanted stuff.
  24. Learn Tai Chi.
  25. Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes at least 100 days. (1/100)
  26. Have a fun year!


And now some pictures!






I tried to knit a wristband for St. Patrick's Day. I don't really like it much because it looks more like all it is is just the end of a sweater.






I knit a case for my camera using the microspun yarn I bought in all the rainbow colours.

I had some yarn left over from the ends of it, so I made rainbow bracelets.



1 comment:

B said...

I miss when I used to do arts & crafts all the time! Seriously!