Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bitch killed my buzz!

August 25, 2007. It was my half-birthday. I had a party. It was a sex toy party (though that is an overstatement because more than half of the stuff they sell aren't sex toys). It was with the company Slumber Parties and the woman's name was Kim (I'll be nice and leave off her last name, though I should put it up to prevent others from being ripped off). I had met her at a party my coworker had and decided to host my own. Five of my friends came, and three people bought stuff. One of my friends who couldn't come gave me her order a week later which I e-mailed to Kim along with another order of mine because I got hostess credits for that order as well. Kim came to my house to pick up the check for the e-mailed order and my new order and to drop off my first order and one of my friends' orders. And that was the last I ever heard from her.

Yeah, she totally ripped off me and my friends. She definitely cashed my check. I had e-mailed her and called her many times, but she never responded. Slumber Parties has a disclaimer that they are not responsible for undelivered products, but I e-mailed them anyway. No response back either.

(P² said what if she died? I said I had thought the same thing, but I doubt that's the case. He then said, maybe she's a drug addict because drug addicts have a tendency to suddenly drop all of their commitments and responsibilities. I said but she has a son. He said that doesn't matter in fact parents are among the worst.)

Then my friend, whose order I had e-mailed, threw a party at the beginning of February. The woman at the party was Martha and her company is For Your Pleasure. Not only was she much better, friendlier and funnier, she told me that what Kim had done is against the law and I could pursue legal action against her. Martha helped me with all the details, but when it came time to e-mail Kim my 10-day warning, the e-mail bounced back! By this point I had just about had enough. She told me about other things I could do, and P² even tried do some research for an address and stuff, but I'm done. I was done in November really, but I felt bad for my friends who also got ripped off, which is why I tried, but I know one of them doesn't seem to care much, and I'm not sure about the other.

So yeah, NEVER BOOK A PARTY WITH SLUMBER PARTIES!!!!

What pisses me off the MOST is not the money (though of course that pisses me off because I have negative amounts of money). It's the fact that when I look at the products I got from my first order and from my coworker's party, I just think about how she ripped me off! How can I fucking use these fucking products now?! WORST. BUZZKILL. EVER.

I should just toss it all in the trash because they are counterproductive now, but I'm hoping the anger and loathing will diminish, and I will be able to use this shit properly. I can't even use the talcum powder spray that has pheromones in it. I am THAT pissed.

I hope I don't transfer this anger to ALL sex and romance products. So far I haven't. At the party in February I bought this heart thing that warms up when you flex this metal disc inside of it. It's very nice because my apartment is freezing. I haven't associated any anger with the hot heart. Good. Maybe I can move on to other things. Although I don't think I can ever buy and use similar products to the ones I had bought from that horrible woman. Booo.

I'm definitely going to book a party with Martha. Hopefully soon.

8 comments:

B said...

Oh man, that'd piss me off. I've only ever attended one sex toy party and.. well.. didn't buy anything. I was still in college and wicked broke.

Thank goodness times have changed.

Dolce said...

I would be SO mad! I did't a Pure Romance party and it went really well. She even brought her most popular products with her, so we could take a bunch of stuff home that night.

Um... Yum! said...

Deut, only one? Oh, man. I need to have one pronto just for you to attend! I have a really good sex toy story. Remind me to tell you it when we go to the concert. :o)

Dolce, Kim brought products with her as well. At the first party I attended she actually had with her everything I ordered, so I didn't have to wait for anything to be shipped. The second time I wasn't as lucky...obviously quite the opposite.

Maxie said...

I'm going to a sex toy party tomorrow... it's not slumber party though.

I have been to one slumber party... it SUCKED. it was for my friends bachelorette party and the lady was soooo weird.

Um... Yum! said...

Maxie, that's because she was probably hopped up on drugs.

Alya said...

Even by reading this I'm pissed off!! If I were you, I'd pursue legal action just to cut that b*tch off!

I hate con-men/con-women/thiefs/rip-offs!

Roland Hulme said...

Oh, how much does that suck?

Actually, I had the same problem. I bought my wife a 'marital aid' and they billed my credit card and it never arrived.

I think sex toy companies think they can get away with it because punters are too embarrased to admit they're buying naughty toys.

Bastards!

There are legit ones. I've got a friend who does those parties and she has lots of happy customers!

Um... Yum! said...

Alya, I would pursue legal action if it didn't annoy me so much. Like I feel like I'm wasting valuable time and energy pursuing something that won't happen, so I'll let the Karma Gods take care of it. I very much believe in Karma. It helps me let things go. :o)

Roland, that totally sucks. I'm sorry you got ripped off. And yeah, there are plenty of legit and honest people out there. I still have faith in the sex toy community. :o)