Monday, April 28, 2008

Shoe Shopping: a Necessary Evil: Part the Last

First off, holy crap! Zappos.com sells digital cameras?! No way!

Not to be a complete girl about this, but how good would this camera look with this purse? Pretty damn nice. (Ok, I swear I buy cameras based on functionality. The colours are just a bonus. Um...but they would match my iPod...not that I care...but I do...)

Ok, so now I'm thinking I'm not going to buy the New Balance shoes nor the Skechers (and certainly none of the high heels). Why? Well, first off, I can't afford to buy the heels (...especially if I am going to buy my blue camera/purse combo), and second, I mentioned an article about how shoes make us walk incorrectly. Well, the article was actually about another article. This article is the full six page piece about the whole shoe/foot thing. I read it.

Let me go into a little side tangent here. I'm very easily influenced (obviously, couldn't you tell by the colour thing?). I mean, come on, I went from being a carnivore to a hardcore vegan overnight just from reading a little literature online. How insane am I?! So obviously the shoe article got to me, but it does make a lot of sense (I'm only influenced by things that make sense to me...or come in pretty colours...). Luckily I don't go completely nuts anymore like I did when I went vegan, but it does make me consider things. One of those things is not to purchase something that I'm buying for comfort when it turns out actually causes foot and knee problems. It really explains so much. I highly recommend you all read the article. Don't worry, it won't turn you off of wearing shoes, believe me.

Hm...so I wasted a whole day (I spent a really long time picking out shoes...and purses...and dresses...ok, maybe I didn't waste the day after all). At least the money I would have spent on shoes can now go towards more useful things, like a seatbelt bag. Every woman needs a seatbelt bag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoes are evil.
I see a nice pair and I have to get it for myself

Anonymous said...

I have a camera that color :-) I think it's just a different version of the camera you linked to.

Dolce said...

Accessories...how can any woman live without them!

Technodoll said...

I read it, I loved it, I passed it on...