Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh! I love the cinema!

I'm looking forward to all kinds of movies coming up. Let's start with Definitely, Maybe, which comes out on Valentine's Day. It has Isla Fisher (love her) and Rachel Weisz (fellow Pisces, love her, too, but love her in a different way). Abigail Breslin stars in it, and she's adorable and a great actress. I am very much looking forward to this. I can't wait! Oh, and I know what song the title is from, and I'm sick of movies getting their names from songs, but I'll let it slide.

I think I've seen every movie Katherine Heigl has starred in, even the really bad tv ones. So of course I'm going to see 27 Dresses.

OMG! Hayden Christensen! I saw a really bad commercial on tv yesterday for Jumper. What's with the dual commercials? When did it become popular to advertise several things in one ad? WTF? WTF indeed.

Hm...My Blueberry Nights looks interesting. I love the title. It has Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz, so if it plays at the movie theater near my house, I just might go see it.

I'm not to keen on Woody Allen films...ok, I only saw two. Whatever. But anyway, Cassandra's Dream has Ewan McGregor in it, and that's enough for me.

My boyfriend wants to see He Was a Quiet Man. It looks good from the trailer, and it has Elisha Cuthbert, so I'll go see it with him.

I'm not into Bible-y stuff, but I love me some VeggieTales. They are adorable!

The Other Boleyn Girl looks so good, and so does Natalie Portman.

After seeing Enchanted, I can't get enough of Amy Adams, so I can't wait for Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day!

I swear this is not the only way I choose my movies. Sometimes I go mainly for content. But having an actor I like does sweeten the deal a bit.

Speaking of seeing movies just because of the actors, Horton Hears a Who! Jim Carrey is one of my faves, and it also has Isla Fisher. I don't know how big her role is, but I don't care. Even one line is enough for me to haul my ass to the theater! (Also, Dr. Seuss is a Pisces. We have all the best people.)

Ah! Here's one that I want to see just because it looks funny, Made of Honor. So there you go.

Be Kind Rewind. Directed by Michel Gondry. I am so there.

They keep changing the release date for Penelope. Come out already!!

Yes, I want to see Speed Racer. What of it?

Kung Fu Panda looks very cute and funny.

And lastly the big one! Sex and the City! Need I say more?

I also have to mention, what is up with horror films lately? Such bizarre storylines. Is it because creepy little girls just aren't enough now to make us shit our pants? We need bizarre body parts and new uses for the phone? I have a great idea: a sequel to Idle Hands called Idle Dick. You likey? I can't wait for the scene where he has to chop it off and microwave it. Maybe this time he should serve it in a casserole to his arch nemesis for good measure.

6 comments:

B said...

I can't wait for 27 Dresses! For seriously!!

Jamie Lovely said...

I'm dragging boyfriend to see 27 Dresses this Friday! hahaha

Lisa said...

A movie addict! You and I need to be friends. Can I raid your movie collection? :D

Um... Yum! said...

My movie collection is actually rather small, but then again I am comparing it to my boyfriend's dvd collection of over 2,000. Yeah. 2,000. And that doesn't include all the shows on dvd or the newest additions of HD and Bluray. My boyfriend's insane btw. :o)

And yes, I am a movie addict. I've worked in three movie theaters (one was my very first job) just for the free movies.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

So so so many movies! Wow, props to you - I haven't heard of half of those.

I also want to see 27 Dresses and just saw the trailer for Miss Pettigrew - that looks so funny! Good choices.

Dolce said...

My husband made fun of me for even thinking of watching 27 Dresses. He hates anything and everyone in Grey's Anatomy, so I guess that rules our Made of Honor also.

I'm really interested in seeing all the movies you mentioned. I guess I'll have something to do when I'm traveling!