Sunday, January 6, 2008

Resolutions are bullshit.

Happy birthday to Steph!

Ok, now on with the regularly scheduled rambling...

I was looking through my Livejournal and read the entry I made first last year, and this was in it:
My New Year's Resolutions (always make them, rarely keep them)

-Go vegan again.
-Find a job and stick with it.
-Write more of my story every day.
-Stop spending so much money. Reduce debt, don't add to it.
-Stop picking nose.

I'll probably go vegan again when I move. Not a problem. The job thing is so unpredictable. The story thing probably won't last but I'll really try. The money thing...well, I kind of have no choice, but I seriously doubt that I'll reduce my debt. I like picking my nose, I don't know why I put that on there. :o)

Oh, that's just too funny. "Not a problem." LMAO. I did find a job...I found several jobs, and I stuck with each one for a while...the shortest one was three days. I was right about the story. I definitely added to my debt like crazy. The last one was just funny. I forgot I put that.


On a completely unrelated note, at the moment I am feeling down, but I don't want to bring the drama to baconyum. Still I feel like acknowledging it. I shall do it in a round about way.

I wish I was a rainbow. Rainbows don't exist in darkness, and they appear when the storm has passed or just to pop in and add some colour to life. I always get excited when I see rainbows. I could be absolutely depressed, but if I see a rainbow, it gives me a moment of peace. Rainbow is my favourite colour. My art sucks because I have this desire to use as many colours as possible. It looks like the colour monster threw up in my room. Rainbows are my zen. Writing about rainbows actually helped a bit. I feel a little better now.

People call me cynical. I don't think they know me very well.

...or know the actual definition of cynical.

3 comments:

Traci Anne said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Seriously - so helpful and encouraging.

On a lighter note, I'm kinda obsessed with your blog now, so if your statcounter is suddenly filled with visits from NYC... um... hi!

Um... Yum! said...

Thanks! ...Now I feel pressure to be interesting. :o)

The Ex said...

I vote option two. Lots of people use cynical and irony wrong. And "begs the question".

Those people should have stayed in school!