Saturday, January 12, 2008

Golden Globe noms!

The Golden Globes are tomorrow. I don't have cable or antenna, so I won't be watching, and I had no idea until just now that they were TOMORROW. My bad. Sorry for the third post in a row, but obviously, this one couldn't wait.

Predictions are bullshit (because omg! award winners can be so unpredictable, right?). The ones I WANT to win are in bold.

Best Motion Picture - Drama


American Gangster
Atonement
Eastern Promises
The Great Debaters
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood

*Ok. In all honesty, it's the only one on the list I watched, but I thought it was great.

Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy


Across the Universe
Charlie Wilson's War
Hairspray
Juno
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

*I didn't even see Juno yet, but I love Michael Cera and Jason Bateman, and I hear good things. Also, Charlie Wilson's War was NOT a musical nor a comedy. WTF?

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama


George Clooney for Michael Clayton
Daniel Day-Lewis for There Will Be Blood
James McAvoy for Atonement
Viggo Mortensen for Eastern Promises
Denzel Washington for American Gangster

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama


Cate Blanchett for Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Julie Christie for Away from Her
Jodie Foster for The Brave One
Angelina Jolie for A Mighty Heart
Keira Knightley for Atonement

*I really hope she wins! I love her!

Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy


Johnny Depp for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Ryan Gosling for Lars and the Real Girl
Tom Hanks for Charlie Wilson's War
Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Savages
John C. Reilly for Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

*I don't have a choice because even though Tom Hanks was really good, I wanted to see Lars and the Real Girl and Sweeney Todd but haven't yet, so yeah.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy


Amy Adams for Enchanted
Nikki Blonsky for Hairspray
Helena Bonham Carter for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Marion Cotillard for Môme, La
Ellen Page for Juno

*Hell yeah Amy Adams should win! I didn't see any of the other movies, but I don't have to. She totally deserves it!

And, yeah, I don't really care about the other ones, except I hope Enchanted wins for best original song and Katherine Heigl wins for Grey's Anatomy (I don't watch that show, but I love her).

Keira Knightley and Amy Adams FTW!

(I just noticed they both have that alliteration thing going on. I love that.)

3 comments:

LN Jonesy said...

i don't have an antenna or cable either....i just moved and we won't have cable until wednesday.
as if i care....
after reading your blog and the nominations.....i'm glad i won't have cable or an antenna tomorrow.

oh and throttled probably did mean choked.....it's just that my southern alabama ass didn't think of it that way....
nevertheless, "throttled" is not a good term to use unless your referring to accelerations and not rape, murder, or a little masochistic choking expeditions during frisky time.

did i just say that?

good day,
clint

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

I did not watch because what's the point??

I just saw Sweeney Todd, so I was pretty excited for Johnny Depp - he's so good! I also saw Atonement over Christmas and just knew it would win awards. In fact, I felt almost like I was reading a book rather than watching a movie because there was so much to analyze - things that weren't said, costuming, lighting.

For example, I felt like at the end when they show Briony on the train (SPOILER, people.. sort of), there was a light above her head, then it went out. They went directly into the scene with the old Briony who said she had some sort of degenerative illness where her brain is going, so I thought that the light flicking off above her head when she was younger foreshadowed her illness when she was older.

I seriously hope the writer's strike ends soon!!

Um... Yum! said...

Clint, throttled was just weird period. No matter what it meant. News articles should be a bit more...exact.

Steph, I like watching the Golden Globes to see what people wear. hahaha But I guess I have pictures for that. I do like watching the Oscars to see people's reactions when they win. Sometimes it's very moving. Also, wow! Foreshadowing is not my forte. hahah