Thursday, January 10, 2008

There are two words unrelated to each other ringing in my head. Escape...and KILL!!!

I really think some people get off on being mean to others, especially when the victim is in a position where they can't retaliate. How small a dick do you have that you feel the need to pick on a defenseless cashier who was nothing but nice to you, you crazy asshole?

I don't know if it's just this area or what. I hope it is because if every place is like this, then there's no where to go. I've never lived anywhere but Northern Virginia, and I've never heard anyone say, "Oh, I love it here! The people here are so much nicer than where I used to live." I have met several people who complained about how rude people are here, and they escaped. Although, one escaped to North Carolina, and when I visited her, I encountered a lot of rude people...I'm pretty sure they were racist. So does this mean I can only escape rudeness by fleeing to an Asian-populated town? No. I live extremely close to one, so no such luck there. Plus, I don't speak Korean, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be treated kindly.

So there's no place for this little baconyum. *unhappy face*

All I can do is escape to my happy place, which is not filled with rainbows and butterflies. It's actually just a place where I can bash in the heads of all the people who have been unjustifiably rude to me. 'Tis a glorious place!

But seriously. Do I have any readers who don't live in this area that love where they live? Or even hate where they live (just so I know where to avoid)?

2 comments:

B said...

I really loathe NoVA in the worst way. I am moving as soon as I can. Blech.

The Ex said...

Well, okay. Nobody in LA is nice. In fact yesterday I saw on the news some story about a guy getting shot in the face for no apparent reason on the freeway.

But anywhere in California that isn't LA? People are super nice.

Also? Dallas (where I grew up) is the nicest place evarrr. All my neighbors knew eachother. We waved, brought over stuff when someone was sick. At stores people said THANK YOU AND PLEASE AND YES MA'AM.

It's the way to go.