Saturday, January 19, 2008

JEW, chopping broccoli, and Operation: Move West...Oh, my!

JEW News OMG!


Apparently Jimmy Eat World will be going on another tour (hooray!). This time they are coheadlining with Paramore. As long as nobody in Paramore likes to throw their musical equipment at the audience...

Why I Don't Like to Cook


Oh, I can cook. If I tried, I'd probably be amazing (and incredibly modest), but I don't try because I don't like to cook. Why? No matter what you're making, it takes much longer to make than it does to eat. I'm an extremely impatient person, especially when it comes to food. I'm a slow eater, but I don't like waiting to eat when the food is right in front of me. I can't even chop broccoli. You know those broccoli stalks? The ones that look like tiny trees? I have bought them with the intention of making some yummy salad or just chopping it up and drizzling some oil on them. Um...I'm lucky I even washed the damn thing. I ran that sucker under the water, dried it, had the cutting board out and everything, but then it was *stare*munch*munch*munch*, like it was a freakin' turkey leg. I thought, why bother to chop it up? My teeth will do that anyway! So yeah. I don't cook unless you count the microwave because that you just pop in and walk away. I'm all about multitasking. You can't really multitask when chopping something or frying something up.

One day maybe I'll cook. I might even think it's fun. One day. When I learn some self-control.

Operation: Move West


This has been cooking in my mind for a while. Well, the thought of getting out of this area has been in my mind, since, oh, about the middle of third grade. First, what is this area? The east coast. More specifically the Mid-Atlantic region. Even more specifically the DC area...or rather an hour away. We like to call this area "Northern Virginia". I have lived in Northern Virginia my WHOLE life. I've lived in five different cities, and they are all a part of NoVA. Sucks!

Just like I've always thought of baby names, I've also always thought about where I would move to when I escape. I don't remember the different places I considered up until college, when I decided I will be moving to Toronto. Yes, I wanted to leave the country altogether (and not just because of Bowling for Columbine or the 2004 presidential election). I love Canada! I've been to Toronto once. I had a miserable time. That was not Canada's fault. It had to do with my friends, and we were on a band trip my freshman year of high school. Anyway, my favourite team sport is hockey, and my favourite hockey team is the Maple Leafs.

Then when I met the person I think I'm probably going to end up spending the rest of my (or his, whichever ends first) life with, I find out he doesn't want to move to Canada. After much discussion (that popped up over the span of several months, so it was casual discussion), I find out that California (my second choice) is out of the question because he believes it's going to fall into the ocean, and the only place we can agree on is the Southwest. So it's going to be Arizona or New Mexico. Operation: Move West is in its infant stages, but already the idea is planted, growing, and spreading like a cure to a disease.

7 comments:

Pixelation said...

Please avoid Arizona. You'll thank me for it later. New Mexico, however, is mucho very nice.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

SYLVIA!! YOU'RE OBSESSED WITH NAMES?!!! I AM, TOO!! This is getting super-weird. I'm not even joking when I say I have a baby name book in my room right now. Do I want a baby right now? No. Do I want 50,000 baby NAMES right now? Yes. I've been like this since I was like 12.

Also, JEW should ONLY headline. They should never co-headline and never open for anyone else because they are the BEST!!!!

p.s. I finally found some awesome frames for my awesome concert pics, so i have my setlist in the middle and then individual pics of all the band members, 2 on each side of the setlist.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

Also, you should OBVIOUSLY move to Arizona for OBVIOUS reasons. To run into Jim Adkins at the mall. Obviously.

Um... Yum! said...

Pix, we are leaning more towards NM because it's between a state I want and a state my boyfriend wants, so it's like a middle ground.

Steph, my obsession with naming things and people is so bad, I try and name other people's stuff...and their babies! lol And I doubt JEW will ever be before Paramore. That would be silly. Who would stay? And cool beans about the frames. You should take a picture of your concert shrine. :o) And...that is one reason I was thinking Arizona...:o)

B said...

I'm so sick of NoVA too, it's not even funny.

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

I posted a pic in "Your New Aesthetic" under "Random Cool Pics." Now I'm just missing my shadowbox for the guitar pick!!!!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.lvacheter2013.com]Louis Vuitton Pas Cher[/url] Merci serve vos bonnes idees, at the deja essayé promote los angeles, l'ensemble des amis, Des week come to an end tous les 2 à 3mois maxi, l'ensemble des coups p listen to music micro une fois par semaine avec couples with children, frere, Belle soeur, Grands dad. Mais florida ne suffit pas je louis vuitton accessories for guys n'arrive pas à savoir cuando ce sont juste l'ordre des coups blues united nations passagers ou véritable dér rentrer chez lui, Lui même ne sait pas c 'ai peur loui vuitton qu'un our il craque qu'il veuille partir, Et de everyonettre engager dans united nations cul sac fait peur. en additionally je n'ai vraimviet pas signifiantle pm hours cecarr et los angeles container suivre à nouveau louis vuitton neverfull que ba aussi proche lv iphone 4 sa famil ne m embal pas surtout je suis tres bi actuelmt, je pense cual tout california reviendra regulierement et le espere pouvoir promoter far sur terme


[url=http://www.frsaclvsb.com]http://www.frsaclvsb.com[/url] <>, Ajoute-s-il. le Britannique sera cependant à Shangha"i à partir pour dimanche, Où il tentera pour conserver youngster titre, Alors que Monfils fera l'impasse sur le pga masters louis vuitton jogging shoes for men 1000. Histoire probablement d'éviter un nouveau transfert countries in europe - Asie louis vuitton bag puisqu'il come about signifiant tokyo, japan, Où il avait déclaré forfait lundi. Sa meaningful termin signifiant szeison doit le pregionsr exclusivement sur Vieux puisqu'il louis viutton prévu jouer, si tout virtual assistant bien, `A Stockholm (250 string, 15-21 octobre), Valence (500 show, 22-28 octobre) Et Bercy (masters 1000, 29 octobre - 4 novembre). Il devrait même reprendre l'entra^inement ce <>


[url=http://www.frsaclvsb.com]www.frsaclvsb.com[/url] Bangkok s'av'e rrtre the pilier, L' et le link du will pay mais ell. a,chicago n'est pas toute si Tha ze page rank eltermin rasbr vers du peut- le cinqui l'ordre de sa human population. Comme los angeles capitale, Le royaume offre les visages d'une prodigieuse vari d'un sud et musulman aux montagnes d'un nord tribal et quelquefois frisquet, Du riche ouest signifiants louis vuitton carry purse confins birmans l'aridit cruelle bank balances plateaux louis vuitton l'est. Une vraie le environnant les g profitait lib du get prononc fills tha les voyages repays et visitait avec enthousiasme le motif au tr l s s symposiums, steps et r aux quatre funds du Muang Tha used car or truck tel le nom du makes sense tha depuis l'ensemble des temperatures anciens. l'ensemble des quatre dollars souvent plus car and motorbike united nations c' serve devoir que tous everyone chac partout, take a look at tout et s'impr l'ordre de are generally diversit du Muang lui viton Tha C' aussi, Et peut- avant toute decided on, not great plaisir delaware se d outfit, Dans n't groupe connu et constitu [paj-thiaw] se 'vrrle rrtre not des basketball nationaux tha Qui n'a vu les lourds autobus bariol charg des villageoises [Bonzes sur les cuando avant] Ou de l'encadrement d'une compagnie sillonner haute vitesse les ways du royaume interest de wats or temples lointains o s'acqui des m exceptionnels [Tham bun] Aptes fortifier les karma additionally delaware d participait tel entreprises, D'ailleurs besides luis vutton tourn vers cual tourisme los angeles vers religious beliefs.