Saturday, February 16, 2008

Definitely see this movie, Maybe you'll like it as much as I do

I just saw the movie Definitely, Maybe today. It is the first movie I saw this year that actually came out this year, and it was excellent! I gave it five (out of five) stars (and I rarely give five...last year I gave about four movies five stars).

I'll admit, I probably would have only given it four stars if it hadn't been for lots and lots of Isla Fisher. Um...I love her! She reminds me of classic movie stars and pin ups (like Vargas girls), short and curvy and gorgeous. Plus, I love redheads (Kate Winslet, Lindsay Lohan, Conan O'Brien, Amy Adams, just to name a few that I adore).

This is the current background on my phone and has been for weeks:




And this is my current desktop wallpaper (which I made, and you can use of course) and has been for months (I really should change it up more often, but whatever):




Um...is this entry about the movie or about Isla Fisher?? Both! But back to the movie...it's really sweet and well thought out. It was quite predictable after a certain point, but I still found it satisfying. There was one scene I did cringe at because it was utter movie cheesey goodness at its highest. Also, I love Rachel Weisz (fellow Pisces! Hooray!), and Abigail Breslin is just the cutest (and a very talented actress). Ryan Reynolds and everyone else also did a good job. Definitely worth seeing. Maybe I'll go again. Definitely gonna buy the DVD. Maybe I'm done being obnoxious now.

P.S. I really think they got the title of the movie from this song:



If you can't see it, it's from myspace (because I couldn't find a youtube version I liked). The song is called "Maybe" by Emma Bunton (aka Baby Spice). I love the song (and I really like the music video).

2 comments:

Maxie said...

I <3 isla fischer too...and redheads. I've always wanted to die my hair red, but the few times i've tried it has come out HORRIBLE. sigh.

Um... Yum! said...

Hooray! Most people are like, "Isla who?" And then I have to say, "You know, the girl from Wedding Crashers." And they usually say, "Ooooh. She's funny." :o)

I've tried to dye my hair red, too (well, it's been every colour imaginable), but the red always comes out patchy. :o\