Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The real reason I vote.

I'm so sleepy. I was at my mom's house watching tv (because she has cable, and I don't...and I was there to vote because I'm still registered there), and I fell asleep watching a rerun of the Colbert Report.

So I voted in the Crabcake Primary (dude, Virginia and DC are not about the crabcake. That's all Maryland...though they are quite yummy). They asked me if I wanted to do the paper ballot or electronic. I stood there confused. I'm already here to make one big decision, and you're asking me to make another?!

As my mom and I were leaving, I was eyeballing the gymnasium. For what? For stickers. Where the hell was the person handing out the "I Voted" stickers?! That's the whole reason I vote, man, for the fucking sticker! AND I DIDN'T GET ONE!!! I'LL NEVER VOTE AGAIN!!!!!!! *throws shit across the room in a fit of stickerless rage*

To show how I am all about the sticker (and all stickers in general, I love them), here's a picture of Kennedi (my laptop) in all her stickered glory:




The tiny oval shaped "I Voted" stickers are not mine. They were given to me by people who voted in Fairfax County. The one on the blue is from the 2004 presidential election. I kept telling the theater office secretary to vote so she could get a sticker. She didn't care about the sticker, so she gave me hers the next day. The bottom one on the black is one that P² just got for voting. He got a sticker. Why didn't I? He's saying I did now, but it's not the same! Do you see those big round stickers? Those are the ones I got for voting. Yeah, my county gives out better stickers...except for this time when I got NO STICKER.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see others naming their laptops. I named my Mac "iAgatha". Is yours named after a former President, MTV VJ, or both?

B said...

dude! traffic was so ugly yesterday I almost DIDN'T get to vote.

it was nuts!

Um... Yum! said...

agatha, neither. I don't know where Kennedi came from. It was the first thing that popped into my head, and I decided to end it in an "i". Usually I have a better story than that. :o) I like iAgatha. That's cute.

deutlich, yeah I saw your entry about that. I'm glad you made it! I vote in Loudoun and did it in the afternoon, so it wasn't bad at all.

Maxie said...

I seriously was cracking up when i heard it called the "crabcake primary" on Colbert the other night. Love it.

Um... Yum! said...

That's where I heard it, too. :o) Hooray for getting news from Comedy Central!