Friday, February 15, 2008

JEW Concert!

Jimmy Eat World just announced their tour dates with Paramore, and they will be in Washington, DC, on April 26th at the Bender Arena. Sweeeeeeeet!!! I'm so excited!

But like all the JEW concerts I have been to, now comes the daunting task of figuring out who will go with me. Not because people are lining up and begging, no, quite the opposite. I don't know what's wrong with people. It's JIMMY EAT WORLD!!!

I've been to three of their concerts now (well, four if you include HFSmas), and for two of them I basically sped up friendships with complete strangers I met off the internet. Yeah, I went on a trip to California with one, and yeah, I'm living with and probably will spend the rest of my life with the other, but for once it would be nice not to have to go fishing out of desperation for someone to go with me. I'd go alone if it weren't for the fact I feel 100% less safe walking around DC than I do NYC. DC is sketchy, man. Especially where any music venue is concerned.

The concert is on a Saturday. A Saturday! Someone best be going with me. NO EXCUSES! GRRR!!!!

Perhaps people just don't like me.

EDIT: I want to add a bit of clarity (yeah, I went there) to what I just wrote. I love making new friends, and even though P² made me late for JEW and got there for the last song, it was a memorable first date (though I will keep reminding him, even on his death bed, that he made me miss JEW). It's just I have to leap through hoops and all to find a person to go with me. You would not believe how many people agreed to go to that JEW/Green Day concert with me and then backed out leading one of my friends to go, "Hey, why don't you ask that guy you've been talking to on the internet to go with you?" Oh, yeah, that's safe. Thanks, man. Why don't we also pick up some hitchhikers off the interstate?

Ah, well. Maybe I'll make another friend off the internet. Jimmy Eat World: uniting internet friends in the real world. Maybe if it happens enough times, I can write a book about it. Or a movie. Nah, a book. Yeah.

2 comments:

B said...

Hey! Uhm. I'm totally there.

And I"m not a backer outer.

DEFINITELY NOT for concerts and especially not for JEW.

I've NEVER seen them live.

and yes. I'm there. THERE! if that's okay, at least.

I should note, I'm a "front row whore". No, I don't sleep with ANYone for front row access, I am simply a big. big. biiiig fan of front rowage and am more than happy to be there early as fuck to ensure such possibilities. I mean, if that's cool.

mayhaps you would care to join me to see Sia @ the 9:30 club on March 7? It's a Wednesday, unfortunately.. but the women is PHENOMENAL and funny as fuck and so worth it.

B said...

ps: e-mail me at deutlich.blog@gmail.com

por favor