Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Put your fate in the hands of funny.

I always felt that if I would write an entry about Astrology, it would be one long ass entry. Astrology has really been the one constant in my life. I have so many interests, and I tend to lose interest really easily. Of all of them, I know the most about Astrology (I should hope so having studied it for about 16 years! That's a lot longer than most professional Astrologers out there).

But this is going to be short. I think. Unless I go on a tangent. Well, let's find out!

What compelled me to even begin this entry? Horoscopes. What the general population thinks of when they hear "horoscope" is those monthly/weekly/daily columns in newspapers and magazines that tell people that they are predestined to have one of twelve fates.

Horoscopes are bullshit.

Astrologers should be well aware of the fact that people are more than their Sun sign, which is really all a horoscope is based on. I will not meet the love of my life or get a job promotion or even have a good day on the same day as everyone who shares my birthday. That's ridiculousness!

But there is one horoscope feed I subscribe to, and I must say that for some bizarre reason, sometimes it is very relevant. It's bizarre because it is the Onion.

My Onion horoscope for this week:

While you've always believed in life after death, it's the possibility of life before death you're beginning to wonder about.


Ok. This one isn't relevant, but I like it a lot.

So this entry wasn't as short as I thought it would be, but it's helluva lot shorter than it could have been.

3 comments:

Technodoll said...

I once got asked what my sign was, and I said "No Parking".

What? He had bad breath! eeewww

In all seriousness, I'm a huge fan of astrology in all its aspects. Too tired right now to elaborate but yeah, big fan. yey! :-)

Um... Yum! said...

hahaha I like your "No Parking" answer. Very nice!

Smell is the most important of all five senses when choosing a mate. Yup. *nods*

Pixelation said...

:-) I used to write horoscopes every fortnight for my newspaper. I wanted to get to 500 horoscopes then stop, but I went over my goal by quite a few hundred.

I wonder where they're all at now... :-S

P.S. I answered all of your general knowledge questions. (Including what's a general knowledge question.) I win. Do you have any more?