Sunday, November 25, 2007

Oh, you didn't want a dash of phlegm on your cappucino?

Friday night thru Saturday morning I got the most sleep I have had in the last few weeks.

I woke up feeling like crap.

I went to work, and a couple hours into it, I just kept sneezing. I sneeze a lot, but I can tell when I'm sick, and I'm sick. That's what I get for sleeping less than five hours a night. Sleeping for ten hours allowed my body to go, "Oooh, hooray! Finally, I can heal."

I worked for eight sneeze-filled hours. Today I worked seven sneeze-filled hours.

I understand that if someone goes home sick, the store will be shortstaffed. But seriously? Who wants to get their coffee from someone who has bloodshot eyes, is slurring her speech, sneezing ten times in a row, and then wiping her nose on her sleeve? Mm...delicious germy Venti drip. (I totally just gave away where I work.)

And since I'm sick, I'm in a foul mood. I almost bitched at many customers today. It would have been worth it. "Don't just throw your money at me. How would you like it if I tossed your cup of coffee at you?" "How do you think I feel?" "Duh I'm sick! Way to point out the obvious. Gee...you're annoying as hell you fucking bastard!" "You're getting hazelnut? Hazelnut tastes like awful concentrate."

1 comment:

Ticket 4 Two said...

Hope you feel better my vegetarian friend! Try mucinex, its been working for me. And lots of tea. Okay, no more ass-vice from me....