Saturday, December 29, 2007

Video Post: Jimmy Eat World Concert at Sonar

Quick shout out to all my readers (it's not about quantity, it's about quality!): thanks for your comments (I love comments!) and for reading! Hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday!

So it's been well over a month since the Jimmy Eat World concert at Sonar, but better late than never, right? I finally posted up some videos on youtube. Click here for the playlist. Below is "The Middle", which was the final song, and some guy bumrushed the stage. Enjoy!



P.S. You can hear me singing on some of the videos, especially on "Sweetness" and "Let It Happen" (my "ha ha ha"s sound like "huh huh huh"s). Oops. I almost didn't post those up because of that, but I thought the performances were too good not to.

P.P.S. My camera work seems really shoddy, but a) it was with my coolpix and b) I'm an artist! I made most of those shots on purpose! (It may look like I'm cutting off Jim's head a lot, but it's because the focus is on Tom or Zach.)

P.P.P.S. I like to see how many postscripts I can stick on.

P.P.P.P.S. Ok. That's enough.

1 comment:

Get Me an Entertainment Job said...

Sylvia, i am so sooo glad you posted these!! I think I was afraid to tape at this concert because I almost got my camera confiscated at the first show. Thanks for helping me relive the wonderous moments that are... jimmy. I love your youtube name, by the way.

I am going to do a play-by-play as i watch the vids!!

- "Let It Happen": SO glad you posted this! It "happens" (hahahaha, er "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"/wow, double pun) to be my favorite song off of Chase This Light. You can really hear the drums. I want Zach to be my favorite so bad.

- "23": haha, Tom looks bored. "How long is this concert again?" Whoa, I have a picture of Jim in the stance he's in at the very end. It's weird seeing your pics come to life! That was a weird sentence!

- "Polaris": My favorite off of Futures. At the very beginning I love how Jim looks like he's ready to rock out, but it's actually a slow jam. Does he know what song he's on?

Thoughts: Do you think Jim always gets the lead guitar part because he is the lead singer? I think that's unfair to Tom if that's the case. Also, why isn't Rick singing backup? I thought we had this discussion with him how he should do it more often. Still, this is a great bass song for him.

omg the ending!! i love how he strums!

- "Sweetness": hahahah, Sylvia you little songbird. "Sing it back, ah whooooooooooa!" I still like the fact that you posted it; it's like standing next to you at the concert again! Very realistic!

Rick is shredding something awesome in this one.

I LOVE the middle part where they change it up from the record with the drums like THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP and then Jim singing, "When you kiss me!" That's how i sing it in my car, too. Oh there's Rick singing backup!

What do you think "the sweetness" even means? I could never figure it out.

- "The Middle": Tom looks like he is finally having some fun! I love this song. i LOVE how all the boys rip it up at the chorus. haha oh Rick, you showman, you.

THEY ARE THE BEST!!! BAND EVER!!!