Friday, November 30, 2007

Chipotle Manifesto

I feel the need to make a whole entry dedicated to Chipotle. Why? Chipotle is the best thing ever! That's why.

Earlier today I was watching the videos from their 30 second video contest. The entries this year are definitely not as good as last year. My favourite though is the Lucho Libre one.

What do I usually get when I'm at Chipotle? Veggie fajita with rice, black beans, peppers and onions, corn salsa, lots of guacamole, and lettuce. That is my usual.

At an interview I had last year with (what I call) a "business casual" company (meaning it's more professional than working at the mall, but the work is still kind of unimportant and probably boring as hell...or maybe it was an interview for a mall job...omg I've had so many, I've lost track...whatever), and when she asked me what my proudest accomplishment was I said, "You know what Chipotle is? The restaurant? And they have those huge burritos? Well, I have eaten two of the big pillow-like burritos in one sitting...three times."

Yes, that is right. I have eaten two of those things in one sitting three times. After the third time I said I would try for three burritos in one sitting, but that has yet to happen. Lately I've been learning self-control.

Also, I should mention I'm 5'4" and about maybe about 100 lbs. In one of the Chipotle facebook groups, I've seen wall posts by guys twice my size who said they get full after one burrito.

It may not be childbirth, but I still think it's an impressive accomplishment.

The first time I did it, I had bought one burrito for lunch and one for dinner. After I ate the first, I decided I still wasn't satisfied and went ahead and ate the second. Then I went to a play rehearsal where we had our first costume fitting. Obviously my costume did not fit since my belly was bursting with Chipotle goodness. I told the costume lady not to adjust the costume, and that it didn't fit because I ate too much. She is somehow programmed in a way to try to prevent or at least put an end to eating disorders in female actors. I guess she has dealt with it a lot, though I have yet to meet any theater actor who has one. I insisted that I don't have bad body image, I want to gain weight actually, and please don't mess with the costume. She wouldn't listen to me, and for the next couple of weeks, the costume went through many changes and ended up being something totally different in the end.

So here's a tip: don't eat Chipotle the day of a costume fitting.

I remember the first time I had Chipotle. Monday, February 23, 2004. It was two days before my 21st birthday. My junior year of college. One of my greatestjournal friends had kept mentioning Chipotle, so after visiting the website and making sure it had veggie friendly items (which it did, and it actually said which food items were veggie and which were not, which made me more excited), I decided that for my birthday fun with my roommate, we would go to Chipotle and see a movie (I don't remember which movie we saw. I only remember the orgasmic experience that was Chipotle). It was the best thing ever! The burrito was so freaking big and delicious and inexpensive. What more could you ask for?

My roommate and I decided to be roomies again the next year, and we had many more Chipotle movie nights. The following year was her senior year, and I visited her almost every Wednesday for weekly Chipotle movie nights. Man, I miss those. Good times.

I have a Chipotle calendar. One time they double foiled my burrito, so I had a clean sheet of foil that I folded up and kept. It is in my Harry Potter cookie tin with all my other trinkets and fun things I collect including two Chipotle gift cards. I got two Chipotle metal card cases when I got the gift cards. If they sold giant Chipotle burrito stuffed toys, I would totally buy one and hug it and take pictures of myself pretending to eat it.

Chipotle is so YUM!

No comments: